Building Sustainable University Spin-Offs : The Roles of Research Management Centre, Technology Transfer Officers, Researchers
The objective of the workshop is to provide insights and guidelines to key stakeholders within the university ecosystem towards building sustainable uni-spin offs.
Course Overview: University spin-offs are vehicles through which intellectual properties (IP) housed at universities, meet the real world. The success of university spin-offs depends on three offices working together simultaneously: The Research Management Centres (RMC), Technology Transfer Officers (TTO) and Researchers.
- Introduction to deep tech university spin-offs and the (simultaneous) roles of RMC, TTO and researchers towards building sustainable deep tech university spin-offs.
- Research Management Centres (RMC) - Utilising the IP databases towards the building of university spin-offs.
- Technology Transfer Office (TTO) - Leveraging strategic partnerships towards scaling university spin-offs.
- Researchers - Coordinating research activities toward building spin-offs.
- Bringing it All Together Using the Constellation’s University Commercialisation Framework.
- Learn how to filter the IP database for commercialisable IPs.
- Learn the right collaboration agreements to sign with industrial partners.
- Learn how to coordinate research activities towards commercial values.
- The Power of 3 - The alignment of 3 key roles within the university - namely, the Research Management Center (RMC), Technology Transfer Office (TTO) and Researchers will enable for sustainable uni spin-offs.
- More than Commercial! - University spin-offs are vehicles through which research findings from the university can be sustainably offered to the real world.
- Research AND Commercialisation - Research and commercialisation are not two things apart, and a successful commercial vehicle can be the key to meaningful research work.